Baltimore elder abuse lawyer Joseph H. Ostad advocates for the elderly, who are often frail, dependent, and unable to speak up on their own behalf. The elderly represent a segment of American society particularly susceptible to abuse. Such abuse manifests in several forms:
- physical abuse, pain or injury,
- sexual abuse, such as non-consensual sexual contact,
- emotional or psychological mental anguish, including humiliation, intimidation, or threats,
- financial or material exploitation, and
- neglect , abandonment, and denial of food or health-related services.
Unfortunately, family members and health care workers sometime victimize the elderly who were entrusted to their care. With the proper legal guidance, a concerned fried or relative can stop elder abuse.
If you suspect a friend or family member is a victim of elder abuse, contact me online or call me at 1-800-320-0080 to set up a free consultation.