Baltimore medical malpractice attorney Joseph H. Ostad represents patients harmed by a late cancer diagnosis. When patients consult with their physicians, they properly expect that their doctors will provide medical care in accordance with standard medical procedures.
When doctors do not meet these standards and fail to diagnose the presence of cancerous cells at their earliest opportunity, their patients may be severely harmed. An early and accurate diagnosis offers persons with cancer the best opportunity for survival.
Common causes of cancer misdiagnosis include the following:
- failing to order laboratory tests,
- failing to properly review test results,
- failing to recognize symptoms of patient's cancer,
- mistaking a tumor for an infection,
- misdiagnosing a tumor as benign,
- failing to order a biopsy, and
- failing to follow-up with the patient.
If you suspect that you or a loved on is a victim of cancer misdiagnosis, call me at 1-800-320-0080 or contact me online for a FREE medical malpractice consultation.